4 Reasons Candy Lovers Should Consider a Cheap Subscription Service
Who doesn’t love candy? It’s the sweetest way to treat yourself, and there’s a candy for absolutely every taste: creamy chocolate, sour and sticky candies, indulgent caramels, ooey gooey treats, and so many more delicious options. And having a sweet tooth for candy may even make you a “sweeter,” happier person, according to a 2011 North Dakota State University study¹.
However, candy can be an expensive treat – and it’s quite unhealthy if eaten too often. Fortunately, your sweet cravings don’t have to cost you money or good health if you choose a candy subscription service. Here’s why subscription services are a smart idea.
Related Topics (Ads):
1. It’s Cheaper
How much do you spend at the grocery store each month on candy? Does your candy come from a vending machine? Maybe your favorite sweet fix comes from a specialty store instead, in which case you’re spending even more. The cost of a candy subscription service is often cheaper than popping out to the store every time you get a craving for something sweet. Some services, Urban Tastebud² reports, cost as little as $10 each month. And you can spend as much or as little as you like.
Candy subscription services deliver sweet treats right to your door, saving you money and time. Additionally, you can choose from a few different types of delivery options to suit your budget and taste. Some subscription services let you pick a price and include candies within that price range; others allow you to pick and choose with goodies you’d like in your package. You can also control how often you receive a box of candy.
2. It’s Healthier
Who says candy can’t be good for you? If you do some shopping around, you can find candy subscription boxes that offer healthier options, including sugar-free candies, fruit-based treats, and low-carb options with dark chocolate and nuts. Portion control is easier too if candies are individually wrapped or packaged in sample sizes instead of full-sized products. Keep an eye on serving sizes when reading nutrition facts to make sure your candy fits into your meal plan.
Because you only get a limited supply in each subscription box, you’re also more careful about when you eat your candy, saving it for a special treat instead of eating without thinking. If you’ve chosen a subscription box that features healthier options too, you can be virtuous while enjoying your favorite sweets.
3. It’s Great for Gifting
Just about everyone loves candy, and with a subscription box, you give someone you care about something to look forward to every month. Depending on the subscription you choose, your gift can be as lavish or as economical as you like, making it ideal for any recipient. Pick something fun and kid-friendly for a student or grandchild. For a child who’s away at college, a monthly candy care package offers a taste of home and a reason to share. Candy subscriptions are also a lovely way to make Mother’s Day or Father’s Day last.
Think about heart-shaped boxes of chocolate, and you know how romantic candy can be. Sweethearts can appreciate sweet treats too, especially if you pick a box that shows you know your partner’s tastes. A gift of exotic chocolates might appeal to the jet-setter, while the anime fan might prefer a selection of Japanese sweets. The best gifts show some deeper knowledge of the person receiving them, so notice which candies he or she reaches for in the store to get an idea of what might make a good subscription present.
4. It’s an Adventure
As fun as candy boxes are as gifts, they’re equally delightful if you give one to yourself because each month’s box is a surprise. Themed boxes are often the most fun, and you have plenty of possibilities:
- Nostalgia: Some candy connoisseurs look for the candies they enjoyed when they were little, and nostalgia-themed boxes that feature vintage brands are great fun for reminiscing.
- Travel: Almost every favorite cuisine or locale has a candy box associated with it. Enjoy a taste of world culture through food by choosing a box that contains regional delicacies.
- Flavors: Do you love chocolate in all its forms? Then a chocolate-lover’s box is for you. Maybe you crave fruity sweets and would prefer a delivery that’s full of nature’s candy. Boxes built on favorite flavors or types of candy are a bit harder to find, but for the discriminating candy aficionado, they’re worth the search.
- Brands: Your favorite candy brand almost certainly has a box, and ordering one of them is an excellent way of ensuring you’ll like what you get each month. If you like a tried and true option, this could be the candy box for you.
- Mystery: Give your taste buds a challenge with candy in plain wrappers. As you sample a bite of each chocolate bar or drop, you can guess at the flavors or read the sealed list of box items as a cheat sheet. Mystery candy boxes are particularly fun if you have an adventurous palate and enjoy new experiences.
The candy subscription market is booming, so you have dozens of choices to consider. Do some comparison shopping online and see which boxes fit your tastes and budget before deciding on one. Of course, you aren’t restricted to just one; doubling up on subscriptions could satisfy the fiercest sweet tooth and give you a wider variety of treats to enjoy.
Interested in finding a candy subscription service? Start a search today.