How to Save on the Best Web Hosts
Looking to host a blog, business site, or anything in between? In this day and age, doing so is easier than ever before. But, there are many services who overcharge — and if you know where to look, you can find much better deals on web hosting.
There’s been an influx of of web hosting services recently, all offering a plethora of different options from e-commerce assistance and 24/7 customer support to template design and shared hosting. The web hosting service you choose can definitely impact the success of your site, so you need to make sure you choose the right service and get the best value.
Related Topics (Ads):
How to Choose the Right Web Hosting Service
To make sure you get your money’s worth, as well as the desired results, you must do your research. There are hundreds of hosting options out there that range in pricing from $299 a month to completely free.
Searching the internet for deals is going to be the best way to find the service perfect for your needs. Often times, the cheapest services are not the most reliable, but top-rated hosts are known to run deals. To find the most current, recent offers and package options, you’ll need to search online — and don’t forget to compare pricing and deals. Every web hosting company offers something different, and some will offer incredibly low prices for new customers.
Next, evaluate what resources you need. What will you want or need as you build and maintain a website? Do you know how to source everything on your own and merely need a service to host your site? Or do you need help with the ins and outs of getting started? Before settling on a web host, decide if you need an individual accounts, a shared plan, your own domain, support, high storage space, and more.
If you think you’re going to need a reliable web hosting service that offers you guidance, help, and great customer service often, you’ll also want to consider a hosting service’s availability. Look for a web host that will be online and available to chat or call 24/7 so you can get help anytime you need it. Many U.S. based web hosting services offer this round-the-clock support — and they often have support staff who can communicate in different languages to suit any customers from anywhere in the world. Lifewire suggests looking for this quality to ensure you’re able to receive excellent support from a web hosting service no matter where you’re located.
Then, consider where you’d prefer your web host to be located. Thanks to the vast options available online today, you could choose a web hosting service based in any country. You could, for example, run a business in Germany and choose a hosting service in the U.S., operating your online business effortlessly with an overseas host. Even more important, though, is the savings benefit of opting for an overseas host. Looking outside of your location and your country’s border can result in far lower web hosting prices and equally trustworthy, reputable service, Lifewire reports.
Lastly, customer reviews can do wonders. Do a bit of research online; look at a number of different web hosts and read recent customer reviews. This process will help you narrow down your service choices and dig into how customers actually feel about them. There’s no better way to make sure you’re signing up with a reputable, reliable, and customer-friendly web host.
The Top 7 Web Hosting Services of 2018
Now that you know what qualities to look for when choosing a web host, here are some of the internet’s most-loved services for building, hosting, and maintaining websites:
1. Bluehost.com is affordable with packages starting as low as $2.95 per month. The company offers free domain name registration and unmetered disk space. Bluehost offers services for all kinds of customers, regardless of whether they are small or large businesses.
2. iPage.com also has free domain registration and unlimited disk space with monthly plans as low as $1.99. The company offers top rate industry features along with SiteLock Security featuring a 30-day money back guarantee.
3. HostGator.com is another popular web hosting company. Offering an unmetered approach that includes bandwidth and email and 99.95% uptime, HostGator is environmentally friendly and powered by wind energy. The monthly rates start at $2.99 per month. Domain registration is available.
4. SiteBuilder.com lets you build your own website in a matter of minutes and offers monthly hosting for as little as $4.99 per month. Unlimited disk space and free domain registration are perks. Thousands of templates and a custom domain offers you the chance to launch a site quickly.
5. JustHost.com offers hosting starting at $2.50 per month. Unmetered disk space and free domain registration along with 24/7 support make this company a favorite. You get site building tools and $200 in free advertising credits.
6. FatCow.com web hosting includes both free domain registration and unmetered disk space. Monthly plans start at $3.15 per month. Powered by 100% wind energy, you even get a free mobile site builder.
7. Domain.com starts at $3.75 per month for hosting. You get unlimited disk space, free domain name registration, customizable plans, and extra marketing tools to help you boost performance.
To find out more about popular web hosting services available to you, start a search today.