The Best Skincare Ingredients for Men, Period
Everyone wants to stay young as long as possible – and today, older men are looking younger and fresher-faced than ever. And it’s all thanks to special, more advanced skincare products. Even if you feel like you may have passed your prime, you too can restore your youth with the right skincare selections.
Hollywood is the perfect example of just how much skincare matters. From Brad Pitt to Jaime Foxx and Denzel Washington to Liam Neeson, the world’s biggest celebrities are thriving thanks to their youthful good looks, even though these actors are all past their 50th birthdays. And looking younger isn’t a privilege reserved for celebrities. Men everywhere are extending their time in their physical prime by nourishing their skin with effective skin care routines. The real secret to skin that looks and feels younger than its years is selecting skin care products with the right mix of ingredients.
Related Topics (Ads):
What to Look for in Men’s Skincare Products
When it comes to cars, what’s under the hood makes a major difference in performance. Oddly enough, the same is true for skincare. Nourishing your skin with the right ingredients will help this vital organ fight back against the forces that negatively impact it like the sun, pollution, and aging. Therefore, if you want to avoid age spots, wrinkles, sagging skin and other issues that make you appear older, you need to be proactive about your skin care.
What should be in your skincare products? These are the best skin care ingredients for men, period:
- Antioxidants calm inflammation, speed cell metabolism and increase circulation to even skin tone, reduce acne and firm skin. Popular antioxidants to look for in skin care products include vitamin C, vitamin E, coenzyme Q10, zinc, copper, beta carotene, pine bark, grape seed, coffee berry and green tea.
- Peptides nourish from the inside out to support skin cell structure, smoothing away wrinkles and tightening skin.
- Retinol stimulates cell turnover and elastin production to deliver smooth, supple skin.
- Glycolic acid provides gentle exfoliation that removes dead skin cells and lightens any discolorations.
- Alpha hydroxyl acid occurs naturally in sugar cane and contains a blend of compounds that minimizes fine lines and improves circulation.
- Aloe vera offers natural cleansing and moisturizing benefits that make it perfect for anyone searching for anti-aging skin care.
- Shea butter is a natural fat loaded with vitamins A, E, and F that both moisturizes skin and helps to shield it from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays.
- Jojoba is a seed that is typically pressed into an oil. When applied to skin, it locks in moisture and fends off free radicals to prevent skin damage.
- Acai is a nutrient-dense fruit that can be applied topically as an oil to nourish cells and thwart skin damage.
How to Find the Best Skincare Products
When it comes to finding these all-important ingredients that keep your skin looking its youthful best in suitable skin care products, don’t make the mistake of falling for flashy packaging or catchy slogans. Instead, read the label and the ingredient list with an educated eye.
You also need to know what to look for. Should you look for the above ingredients by name? Do combination products work?
The first step in selecting a skin care product is simple: narrow your options to skincare products intended for men. As research published in the Journal of Dermatological Science by Paolo Giacomoni and Thomas Mammone discovered, the physiology of the skin is impacted by gender. Differences in skin thickness, the amount of sweating, the number of pores, the amount of oil produced, collagen density, surface pH, fat accumulation, the presence of facial hair, and other factors mean the needs of male skin are different from those of female skin.
After confirming the products you’re considering are made for men, it’s time to take a closer look at what they contain. Scan the ingredient list. Are the ingredients you now know to look for included in the product? It’s okay if not everything is present in each product, but the more effective ingredients listed, the better your results are likely to be. It’s also worth remembering that the farther down the ingredient list an item is, the less of it the product likely contains.
Do Your Research to Keep Your Skin Young
No one wants to look old, tired or unhealthy. That’s why good skincare is important – and the products you use make a big difference in your skin’s youthful appearance. However, your skin isn’t static. Its needs change as your age, health and environment do.
To keep your skin looking its best, it’s crucial that you review your skin care regimen and the products you’re using regularly. Besides, new, ground-breaking skin care ingredients are constantly being introduced to the market, so it’s a good idea to do a bit of research periodically and search for the right skincare and newest solutions online. Staying abreast of new developments will allow you to capitalize on these advancements so that you can enjoy younger, healthier-looking skin for years.
Interested in finding men’s skincare products? Start a search today.