Great Tasting Water at Home for Seniors
Whether you’re on a municipal water system or use a well, you likely turn to bottled water if what comes out of the tap doesn’t taste great. While bottled water is convenient, a water delivery service or in-home filtration system is a smart choice for seniors.
These drinking water solutions provide refreshing water at a fraction of the cost of bottled water while saving you from repeated trips to the store too.
$6.99 or $7.99 per bottle depending on the type of water and $3.99 or $5.99 per bill depending on the chosen cooler rental.
Sparkletts offers regular delivery of five-gallon water bottles for water dispensers as well as delivery of cases of bottled water. With five-gallon delivery service, you can get a water dispenser that provides both hot and cold water directly from the spigot.1 These convenient dispensers make cooking your morning oatmeal or making a cup of tea a breeze.
Sparkletts is a great choice for seniors who want to stay hydrated without lugging heavy bottles from the store.
- High water quality standards.
- Great taste.
- Bottom-loading water dispensers that require no heavy lifting.
- The option to add other items, such as cases of bottled water or extra five-gallon bottles, to your monthly order.
- Fluoridated water is available in some markets.
- Energy surcharges and bottle deposits can drive up the cost of your monthly bill.
- Frequent turnover among Route Sales Representatives in some areas.
- The five-gallon bottles can take up a great deal of space in your home.
Must request a quote through the LifeSource website.
If you’d like to drink great-tasting water directly out of the tap, consider investing in a LifeSource whole-house system. These whole-house water filtration systems are designed to eliminate unpleasant tastes and odors from your home’s water. They are particularly beneficial in areas with hard water.2
Seniors love LifeSource because it’s easy to install and no regular maintenance is required.
- One central unit filters the water for your entire home.
- No salt or chemical additives are used.
- Beneficial minerals such as calcium and magnesium stay in your water.
- Professional installation is required.
- Users on private wells must have water testing conducted before they purchase a system.
$7 to $8 for a five-gallon bottle or $9 to $24 for a case of 24 individual-sized bottles.
Nestle’s ReadyRefresh service brings a variety of water and beverage products to your home on a monthly basis. Customers select the products that they want and the frequency that they want them delivered. ReadyRefresh offers both individually bottled beverages and five-gallon water bottles.3
This service is a smart choice for seniors who want to cut down on trips to the store without giving up their favorite Nestle, Perrier, San Pellegrino, and Acqua Panna products.
- Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and every-three-months service is available.
- Products can be added to regular orders with ease.
- Money-saving offers for service subscribers are published on the ReadyRefresh website on a regular basis.
- Services are provided by different subsidiaries in every market.
- Your favorite non-Nestle beverages will likely not be available.
$6.49 per bottle for purified water and $7.49 per bottle for spring water; $6.49 per bottle if a Costco member.
If you’re already a member of Costco, you’re eligible to get discounted water delivery services. You choose from three- or five-gallon bottles and add on a water dispenser. Orders are delivered every two weeks.4
This service is ideal for busy seniors because it’s easy to change bi-weekly orders at any time. If you’re headed out for vacation, it’s easy to put your service on hold too.
- Full-service water delivery at attractive price points.
- A variety of water types, such as spring, Artesian, and filtered, are available.
- Orders are easy to modify.
- Costco’s customer service gets high marks from consumers.
- You must be a member to take advantage of the discounted water delivery services.
- Bi-weekly deliveries are too frequent for some seniors.
$9.99 per month.
Culligan offers a basic water delivery service with five-gallon bottles and water dispensers. Several different types of dispensers are available, including systems that offer instant hot water. Bottle-free water coolers, which are free-standing water filtration systems, are available for seniors who don’t want to have a delivery person come on a regular basis.5
Culligan plans are ideal for seniors because they offer the convenience of water delivery without added extras that some customers simply don’t need.
- The option to use five-gallon bottles or a tankless system.
- Easy-to-understand delivery options and terms.
- Culligan receives consistently high consumer reviews.
- Only one brand of water is available.
- You must meet with a Culligan sales rep in person to start service, which is inconvenient for homebound seniors.
Choosing a water filtration system or regular water delivery saves seniors from the hard and hazardous work of lifting heavy bottles. Plus, it eliminates unnecessary trips to the store. Remember that bottled or filtered water can also protect your health if you have a compromised immune system due to a medical condition or medication that you take.
Offering total convenience without any heavy lifting, water delivery is a smart way for seniors to stay hydrated.