Here Are the Best Website Builders Everyone Should Try
Today, everyone and every business needs a standout website. Whether you’re trying to build your personal brand, blog about your favorite subjects, or grow your online shop, a website is the very first tool you need to attract attention.
Website builders are powerful tools that help anyone create an incredible website without technical skill – even popular blogs and e-commerce websites are designed with their help. If you need a website, try the following top website builders you can find online right now.
One of the most recognizable website builders is Wix. The Wix platform enables users to create responsive HTML5 websites that are automatically designed to work on both mobile devices and desktops. Wix provides users with a broad range of features that you yourself can customize using a simple drag-and-drop interface. For users with an advanced understanding of website design, the source code of any Wix website can be accessed to enable full customization.
One of the key factors to consider when using Wix is that it’s based on a “freemium” business model. Users can sign up for free, but Wix charges small fees each month for additional features.
Pros of Wix
- An established, reputable brand.
- Supports e-commerce stores and provides free domains.
- Full customization for advanced users.
Cons of Wix
- The free version includes advertisements.
- The cheapest Wix subscriptions offer only limited bandwidth.
- The powerful Wix website builder app is only available with an expensive subscription.
2. GoDaddy GoCentral Website Builder
The GoDaddy website builder was originally released in 2014 as a service to compliment GoDaddy's popular hosting service. Although GoDaddy's original page builder platform received mixed reviews, the company's new GoCentral website builder is one of the most powerful website building tools available.
The new GoCentral platform is priced in tiers: customers can pay as little as $5, but accessing the full suite of available features can cost four times that amount each month. You can get started with the GoCentral platform by opening a GoDaddy account to get the 30-day free trial.
Pros of GoDaddy
- The world's leading hosting service.
- A comprehensive range of services.
- The GoCentral platform is built to get businesses online in under an hour.
- Social media management and search engine optimization are included.
Cons of GoDaddy
- Website themes are very basic.
- Only the most expensive website builder package includes e-commerce integration.
- Users can't switch themes without losing their content.
Squarespace is arguably the most robust website builder available. The company has invested heavily in its platform, and today millions of websites are now hosted on Squarespace. Additionally, Squarespace has expanded its product range – now, all users can register domains and host their website right on Squarespace.
The cost of Squarespace ranges depending on what services and features you need, but subscribers can save 15 percent by paying annually. You can easily sign up for Squarespace by starting a free trial.
Pros of Squarespace
- No transaction fees for premium e-commerce websites.
- Integration with leading accounting tools, label printers, and inventory management platforms.
- Even the most inexpensive Squarespace package includes unlimited pages, SSL encryption, and other advanced features.
Cons of Squarespace
- Squarespace is a premium tool offered at a premium price.
- The provider offers fewer free ad credits than most of its competitors.
- Only premium Squarespace plans support total customization.
WordPress is the most popular content management system, and it has a broad range of uses. In recent years, the standard WordPress application has started to include website building features to keep up with competitors, offering new platforms for content management, portfolio building, and e-commerce shops. Additionally, dozens of theme providers, such as Elementor, Themify, and Elegant Themes, have developed robust page builder tools that work seamlessly with WordPress.
Like other website builders, WordPress pricing depends on what you need; you can find packages that include domains, web hosting, and total HTML customization. WordPress can be easily set up in less than an hour.
Pros of WordPress
- WordPress plugins make WordPress-based website builders highly scalable.
- WordPress is completely open source, so you can always hire a skilled designer to add to your website.
- The basic WordPress platform is free, and more advanced page builder features are likely to be included in the years ahead.
Cons of WordPress
- WordPress and its plugins can require updates, and these maintenance requirements can be difficult for inexperienced users.
- Some editable WordPress themes are difficult to use, so you will need to do your research before making a purchase.
- Users with no technical knowledge may have difficulty building an e-commerce site.
Weebly has been around for almost two decades, but it continues to offer one of the best page builders available in the personal website segment. The platform comes with features that support email marketing, mobile websites, and search engine optimization. Over 200 apps are also available to power customizable functionality that is similar to the features of WordPress.
You can get started with Weebly by signing up for the free version, but you’ll have to pay in order to access the full suite of features.
Pros of Weebly
- Offers excellent themes for personal portfolios and blogs.
- New features are continuously being introduced into the existing platform.
- The Weebly website builder has a simple interface with a broad range of powerful features.
Cons of Weebly
- Weebly can only be installed on external websites, so you have to manage installation, maintenance, and other technical tasks on your own.
- Primitive backup features only let you download your website directly. Weebly does not offer any cloud-based storage options.
- Migrating to and from Weebly is very difficult because Weebly content cannot be copied.
Like anything, it's always a good idea to be aware of the latest research. We recommend comparing at least 3 or 4 options before making a final decision. Doing a search online is typically the quickest, most thorough way to discover all the pros and cons you need to keep in mind.