The Best Budget Air Conditioners
Do you think air conditioning is way out of your budget? You aren’t alone – most people assume that air conditioning is a luxury that’s too expensive to enjoy. But there are affordable options, like smaller air conditioning units and devices that are budget-friendly. And you can find them online if you search for them.
Air conditioning can be much more affordable than you think. From window AC units to portable cooling systems, you can escape the heat with air conditioning. You just have to know where to look. Search online to find AC units that fit your budget and cooling needs.
y_seki / Shutterstock
Check out the following budget-friendly air conditioners that can help you stay cool all year long.
Costway Portable Air Cooler
Best For: Anyone who wants flexible cooling that can be moved from room to room and doesn’t need the full power of traditional AC units.
- 4-in-1 air cooler and heater, with air cooling, heating, humidifier, and fan settings.
- Reduces room temperature with water evaporation via two ice-crystal boxes.
- Can be used in different rooms of the home or small spaces like offices and dorm rooms.
- 8-hour timer allows you to set automatic turnoff times and save energy.
- 3 fan modes and speeds.
- Remote control, which allows you to control the power, timer, and wind from a distance.
- Compact and lightweight for easy carrying.
- 4 casters make it easy to wheel the unit around the house.
CCH Portable Air Conditioner
Best For: Anyone who needs to cool down smaller spaces, like apartments or single rooms.
- Lightweight, weighing just 47 pounds.
- 8,000 BTUs of cooling power.
- Can cool a room size of 250 square feet.
- Partially cools areas or rooms up to 350 square feet in size.
- Washable and reusable air filters.
- 2 fan speeds.
- 24-hour timer and sleep settings help you control the cooling time.
- 2 cooling settings.
- Dehumidifies as it cools, up to 2 pints per hour.
- Adjustable window vents can suit many differently-sized windows.
GE Mechanical Room Air Conditioner
Best For: Anyone who has just a single room to cool and wants the cooling power of a traditional AC system in a compact, budget-friendly model.
- Keeps small spaces of 150 square feet in size incredibly cool.
- 5,000 BTUs of cooling power.
- 2 cooling and fan speeds for customizable comfort.
- Adjustable thermostat allows you to set a temperature.
- 2-way adjustable air direction gives you control over the direction of airflow.
- Easy to install, with an EZ Mount kit and slide-out chassis.
Premium Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner
Best For: Cooling larger rooms or living spaces with plenty of power, like a traditional vented AC system.
Price: $754.44, or $126 per month for six months with Home Depot financing⁴.
- Energy Star SEER 16.5 rating, which helps you save on energy costs.
- WiFi connectivity allows you to remotely control settings and the unit’s thermostat.
- 12,000 BTU cooling power.
- Can cool between 450 and 550 square feet spaces.
- 24-hour timer helps you manage your energy efficiency.
- Refrigerant leak detection and self-diagnosis features help you discover potential problems.
TCL White Window Air Conditioner with Remote
Best For: Cooling a single room efficiently with an AC unit that’ll help you prevent a sky-high energy bill.
- 6,000 BTUs of cooling power.
- Eco Mode, which conserves energy and turns off the compressor when your room is cooled to the proper temperature.
- Can cool rooms up to 250 square feet in size.
- Display can be turned on and off so the lighting doesn’t affect sleep.
- Includes a 24-hour timer for on/off functionality.
- Filter cleaning reminder that goes off automatically after 500 hours of run time.
- Adjustable vents so you can change the airflow direction.
- Auto Mode, which causes the unit to automatically switch between Cool, Dehumidify, and Fan settings to meet your room’s needs.
Shop for an Affordable Air Conditioner Now
Cool, brisk air conditioning doesn’t have to cost you thousands of dollars. While an AC system is a dream to have, you can efficiently and effectively cool down your rooms, your living space, and more with a smaller air conditioner at an affordable price. You don’t have to spend much to get relief from the hottest days of the year – you just need the right budget-friendly AC unit.
And there are plenty of affordable AC options available. You just need to search online for them. You can find everything from portable AC units to window units to ductless systems, all at various price points. And if you search for discounts, deals, and special offers, you can get a quality air conditioner that fits your budget. Make sure to do your research and search for air conditioners online before the weather really heats up.