What Are the Best Shampoos for Different Hair Types?
Have you been using the same shampoo for years? Is it making your hair better or worse? You might not realize it, but your hair requires a shampoo that’s formulated specifically for your hair’s needs.
The wrong shampoo could have a lasting impact on your hair. Instead of using just any shampoo, choose one that helps your hair thrive – like the following top shampoos for specific hair types.
Related Topics (Ads):
Dry Hair: Herbal Essences Bio:Renew Hydrate Coconut Milk Shampoo
- Aloe and sea kelp, which purify hair and protect it against impurities
- Coconut milk, which hydrates and revitalizes hair
Why It’s the Best: Herbal Essences Bio:Renew Hydrate Coconut Milk Shampoo is the perfect solution for dry hair of any kind. It’s rich and moisturizing, which leaves you with softer, well-hydrated hair after regular use. Its unique formula removes buildup that can weigh the hair down. And with its namesake ingredient, coconut milk, this shampoo helps prevent damage, split ends, and breakage by adding moisture and increasing strength.
Oily Hair: L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo
- Three different refined clays, which absorb oil and hydrate hair’s ends
- Clay also works to purify roots and remove any product buildup
Why It’s the Best: If your hair is weighed down daily thanks to excess oil or greasiness, L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Rebalancing Shampoo can restore a better balance. This clay-based shampoo is lightweight, leaving nothing heavy on your hair after use. It works to hydrate hair where needed – like your dry ends – while purifying the scalp. Your roots won’t wind up oily, but your hair will still get the overall moisturizing it needs to thrive. A blend of three silicone-free clays creates this oil-free formula that gets even the oiliest roots clean and fresh.
Thinning Hair: Andalou Naturals Argan Stem Cells Age-Defying Shampoo
- PhytoCellTec, which is a blend of stem cells, create stronger strands of hair to reduce breakage⁴
- Argan oil nourishes and deeply moisturizes hair
- Antioxidants repair and revitalize hair while helping it appear fuller, with more volume
Why It’s the Best: Natural products can be just as powerful as those without organic ingredients. And with Andalou Naturals Argan Stem Cells Age-Defying Shampoo, the results can be even better. This shampoo is formulated to fight thinning hair, working to restore volume, thickness, and fullness with every wash. Its antioxidants, stem cell blend, and argan oil combination nourish hair and make it thicker. It can fight thinning that’s the result of aging, helping strengthen hair and encourage better, thicker growth. With all natural ingredients, it’s also organic, vegan, and cruelty free.
Colored Hair: Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo
- Elastin protein, which helps extend color for up to 40 washes⁶
- Quinoa, which helps color stay vibrant longer
Why It’s the Best: Basic shampoos can bleed your color of its vibrancy and its overall brilliance. However, a specially formulated shampoo like Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo eliminates the chemicals that can cause these problems. Sulfate and silicone free, this shampoo is specifically blended to extend the life of your color. It features a mix of ingredients that keep hair damage to a minimum, prevent color loss, and add shine. It’s gentle enough for any hair color and can refresh both your hair and your brilliant color with regular use.
Damaged Hair: Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood Shampoo
- Matcha, which adds rich antioxidants and protects hair from potential damage
- Spinach, which keeps hair and scalp healthy with calcium, iron, and other essential vitamins
- Apple, which contains a nutrient that can stimulate healthy hair growth
Why It’s the Best: Superfoods might be great for your nutrition and overall health, but they’re also great for your hair – and the best way to deliver their benefits to your hair is via a superfood shampoo. Briogeo’s Be Gentle, Be Kind Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood Shampoo does exactly that. It’s designed to restore shine, nourish damaged hair with vitamins and minerals, and replenish lost moisture. With regular use, this shampoo can make your hair more vibrant, strengthen your locks, and help hair become shiny and hydrated rather than dull, dry, and broken.
Hair Loss: ArtNaturals Argan Oil Shampoo
- Argan oil and aloe vera stimulate healthy hair growth within the hair follicles
- DHT blockers help control the body’s DHT production, which can prevent hair loss
- Natural botanical oils hydrate hair for shine and smoothness
Why It’s the Best: When hair loss happens, it’s often because the body is producing DHT, which stops growth. ArtNaturals Argan Oil Shampoo can target that very cause. It’s formulated with DHT blockers, helping to keep your scalp producing hair and preventing loss altogether. With an array of other healthy ingredients like argan oil, botanical oils, and natural extracts, this shampoo not only encourages hair growth, but also prevents hair damage and strengthens locks over time. It can keep both your scalp and your strands at their very best.